I Thought You Were Gone
I saw you
And my heart skipped a beat
But not like it used to.
I ran
And I found someone who makes me feel safe
From you.
I feel sick
Sometimes
When I remember what I've done
And that I did it
All for you.
I sometimes wish
People would forgive me
And forget it happened
But they deserve better.
If holding onto sadness
Hatred
Regret
Keeps you going for now
Who am I to say no?
I made bad choices
Hurt good people
Did everything wrong
And you still haunt me.
But maybe you'll move on
Eventually.
You'll realise you're holding onto nothing
No one
And you'll move on.
For my sake
For yours
Please realise
Sooner rather than later.
I saw you
A few days ago
And my heart skipped a beat,
But not like it used to.
Comments
Post a Comment