E.

You scare me.
Genuinely.
It's stupid to feel so scared of you
But I can't help it.
Did I ever matter to you?
Or did you just want someone to tell you
You were amazing?
I brought it on myself.
I led you on.
I asked for it.
I wanted it.
I've never been so messed up
Over something so small.
Hands, mouths, tears, scars
And what scares me most
Of it all
Is one awkward mistake.
I'd ruin your reputation.
I'd ruin your friends.
I'd ruin you.
I love you
I care about you
I never want you to be put out
By those you love.
I know the feeling too much
To ever want you to feel it too.
Even if its honest
I'll keep my mouth shut.
I'll pretend it didn't happen.
I'll smile around you
And pretend you're a good person
Even if
I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

how it feels to be a bi woman dating a man.

the funeral

the muse